Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Celebrating new beginnings

The three cards I have to post tonight have one thing in common - they each commemorate new beginnings.

The first one is punch art.  I have been playing with the punches a bit lately and when I saw this card on Nancy Riley's blog I just had to have a go at it.  As usual I didn't have all the necessary punches (or that beautiful dsp) so had to 'wing' it and cut some of the pieces freehand, but I think it is still cute enough to send to a friend's daughter who is expecting her first baby.


The next two are Christening cards for twins.   I have had the idea of making a dress card for a little girl for a while now and decided to turn it into a christening gown.  Wasn't sure what to do for the boy but got the idea for his from page 59 of the catalogue.  Both cards are really very simple ones but I am pleased with them.




I have had quite a bit of variety in my card making lately but time to get back to some birthday cards now.
Thanks for popping in,
Mary

1 comment:

Sue Madex said...

Wow you've been busy Mary! What a gorgeous collection of cards in the last post and in this one. So personalised to the recipient too - bet they just love them.
I left you a blog award on my blog. Happy blogging!
Cheers, Sue