Friday, October 24, 2014

Clearly not my style

Ok folks, I was too late with the last challenge at Just Add Ink so was eagerly anticipating this one, but, shock ! horror! it is clear block stamping, and clearly this is not my style.  Why am I posting?  Well I have spent most of the day trying to come up with something.  I had Strawberry Slush fingers for the early part of the morning till I washed that idea away and then I moved into the twilight zone with the silver ink pad.  I must put a warning onto the Encore Stamp Pad to remind me that it takes FOREVER to dry!   I keep reminding myself that not everyone is good at everything - so here it is.

 
Honestly, the layers are straight! - its just the photographer, or I should say, the person  who takes snaps!!  - me!!   Not everyone is good at everything...... not everyone is good at everything........not everyone is good at everything........
 
Now remember girls, if you can't say anything nice .......
Mary
 
PS:  I should have left the stars off !!

4 comments:

Jan Clothier said...

I like the way the silver wash gives such a Silent Night feel to this card. And the tree is great!

Christine Blain said...

Shimmery silver was a GREAT choice of ink colour, Mary; you've produced a lovely background for the Christmas tree. Thanks for playing along with us at Just Add Ink this week!

KimB said...

It was worth persisting Mary - you created a lovely night time scene - its like the tree is sitting in front of a full moon! Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

I like how your tree crosses both pieces of card and I like the little stars in the corner too. Chantell JAI