Saturday, October 3, 2015

The end of the drought ?

After a lapse of some six weeks I finally made a card.  I have been raiding my box of cards for recent birthdays, but didn't have one for a special friend.  It took some time to get back into the mood, but with inspiration from a lovely card by Christine Blain, here it is:
 
and a close up of that glossy sparkle:

 
The stamp is "Best Thoughts" from Stampin' Up and I have water coloured it with "Lovely Lilac" - a retired colour now but just perfect for my friend.  I then coated it with Glossy Accents and sprinkled a little Dazzling Diamonds on while it was still wet.
 
Yesterday, I heard that neighbours were celebrating their 60th wedding anniversary and that certainly required a card.  Their wedding theme all those years ago was "Apple Blossom Time" and that was the music they danced the waltz to.  With not a lot of time, I decided on a shaker card and visualised the tree with apple blossom falling from it.  I had a container of "Flower Soft" which I thought would be perfect, but which turned out to be far too dense to see the tree behind it, so I moved on to glitter.  Unfortunately my pink glitter was extremely fine and covered the window sheet totally, so I punched out some tiny pink glitter hearts and popped them inside.  In hindsight, I see that I should have put more hearts in, but the lady was delighted with it and that's the main thing.
 
 
The stamp sets I used were Lovely as a Tree, Memorable Moments and Lovely Lace, and the card stock was Pink Pirouette and Whisper White.  The Window Frames were used to cut the window.
 
Here's hoping I get to blog a bit more often,
Mary

No comments: