Saturday, October 24, 2015

Woodland view

So many wonderful products to play with in SU's Holiday Catalogue!  I was a bit late putting in my order so had seen quite a few of the new items used by others.  Among my favourites was the Woodland Embossing folder.  I loved the Festive Fireplace stamp set and dies mainly because of the little cat, but had no idea what I was going to do with them until I sat down with my new goodies.  Initially I thought I would have the cat watching a bird in the trees, but my birds were all a bit too big ..... some time later (read that as "few hours") and this was the result.  The trees are seen through the hole in the brick wall and the butterflies have replaced the bird. 

In hind sight I realise that I should have used an extra layer of foam tape between the trees and the wall to give a bit more dimension, but I am happy with how it turned out and it really does look better in real life than in my photo!



Luckily, I had all day to play with my new stash and got a few other bits done as well.

Thanks for popping in,
Mary

No comments: