Tuesday, October 31, 2017

SHINY AND BRIGHT

I have always endeavoured to personalise my cards with the recipient's name or age, or indeed for special sentiments, so after watching a few you tube videos, I decided to purchase a Minc machine and give it a try.  

I used my computer to generate the wordings and printed them out with the laser printer and then used the Minc to add the foil.   Great fun,  and they were very popular.


Unfortunately, I have been unable to capture the glorious shine of the foiling on the cards I wanted to share so will just leave this one for now to give you a bit of an idea what I am talking about.
This more recent photo does manage to show the shine but has picked up lots of shadows.
 
 
 
The next project was actually the very first thing I made with the Minc.  This was a kit for a daily planner from Heidi Swapp, and I knew my Granddaughter would like it.  The kit came with the clipboard, some pre-printed pages and laminating sheets.  It was a lot of fun to make.  After foiling the pre-printed pages and a large sheet of patterned paper to decorate the clipboard, I found some extra inspirational pieces which I also printed out with the laser printer.  Then everything was laminated with the Minc to enable them to be re-usable if used with wet and dry markers.

 
 
 
 
Should you be tempted to try foiling for yourself, I have a brand new Minc machine for sale at $80 (pick up from East Burwood) and will be happy to add in a parcel of Minc products and foil to get you started.  Just send me a message if you are interested.  I also have an extra kit for the Planner at $10.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is one organised child with too much gymnastics in her life! lol