Monday, November 6, 2017

A Daisy a Day

It's been a long time since I joined in at Just Add Ink, but I found myself in need of a distraction today.  I have to say that the first thing that came to mind was to use the Daisy punch to create a poinsettia, but the red was a long way from the inspiration photo, so I stayed with the Daisy theme.

I started with a white base and then layered it with another layer of white which I ink blended to enable to white daisies to stand out.  I made a trail for the flowers with the beautiful SU Copper Trim and was quite happy with it.  Deciding on a sentiment was a bit more difficult but tried to stay simple.

 
Thanks for the inspiration JAI- obviously that's just what I needed today.
Hope everyone has a lovely day
Mary

4 comments:

Jan said...

This is so pretty Mary! Your trail of daisies down the page is simply gorgeous and I love how you've teased out the copper trim to add so much interest and texture. They both pop beautifully against your rich blue background too. So lovely to see you back at Just Add Ink this week.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty - the blue background really makes the white flowers pop. Chantell Just Add Ink

Tina said...

Oooh, the trail of daisies is lovely, and the copper trim is a fabulous backdrop for them! Thanks for sharing wiht us at Just Add Ink

lostinpaper said...

These flowers are so very beautiful Mary, what a fabulous card!